10 Sep Resuscitation Officer
A Resuscitation Specialist is required on a part time 3 day per week basis, to provide high quality training and expertise to this diverse UK healthcare business providing training and compliance support services to over 6000 healthcare businesses UK wide.
Purpose of Role:
- Provide and deliver resuscitation knowledge, expertise and training to company Healthcare practices in all aspects of adult and paediatric resuscitation including Intermediate Life Support and the management of common medical emergencies as per the UK Resuscitation Council Guidelines & the British National Formulary.
- Provide immediate telephone response to healthcare practices during and post medical emergency to advise on drugs and equipment used.
- Follow up of reported healthcare emergencies and completion of evaluation reports that maybe used in the legal process.
- Follow up/debriefing site visits where further evaluation is needed (UK coverage)
- Provide resuscitation training-Train the Trainer to existing CPR/Medical Emergency Trainers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in planning, organising and delivering training courses to meet DDs requirements.
- Ensure that the resuscitation courses taught meet the criteria set by the Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines, competency framework, healthcare guidelines and regulatory bodies.
- Work flexibly to enhance training capabilities and deliver sessions in a variety of formal and informal settings, to all grades of staff
- Continually evaluate and quality assure current resuscitation training to ensure that it reflects current guidance/legislation, and that the learner’s progress and level of competence can be assessed.
- Implement and develop new trainings when/where required.
- Impart knowledge to groups in the classroom/workplace environments through teaching and presentation skills, using a variety of presentational aids (PowerPoint, flipchart, scenarios and demonstrations).
- Be responsible for the organisation of and cleaning and maintenance of resuscitation and medical emergency training equipment, ensuring that training aids are assembled and working correctly.
- Undertake such duties consistent with the nature of the job and its level of
responsibility to ensure continuous service delivery.
- Work alongside the Head of Compliance/Head of Training to support, develop and plan resuscitation training and support compliance and commercial packages for DD’s/company healthcare members and existing staff.
- Ensure that units and teams are aware of emergency equipment available, through teaching and education and their safe use
- Practice within professional and regulatory bodies (e.g., GDC, BDA, BMA GMC, CQC etc)
- Continuously review current guidelines/legislation in place with regards to medical emergencies/resuscitation in order to disseminate to the company.
- Effectively manage self, deploying resources in a manner consistent with the workload, taking appropriate action to optimise efficiency.
- Act as an effective role model and promote effective, productive working relationships across the multi professional team and facilitate effective communication to a consistently high standard, promoting teamwork at all times.
- Offer advice and support to healthcare practice when required.
- Keep accurate expense documents and mileage tracking.
- Utilise and navigate the company’s CRM and field service systems.
You will be joining a large team of trainers, engineers, compliance, clinical support and business services staff in providing expert advice to their portfolio of clients.
With trainers based UK wide and offices in various locations, the Resuscitation Officer can be home based anywhere in the UK, with field activities across the UK. Regular training in the companies Head Offices in Essex is expected as well as frequent group field training in Midlands.
The role is currently available on a part-time 3 day week basis with a benefits package including company car.